One more passion of mine

Hi all, ever know that I can click any sort of cameras in earth. check my new blog. You can go there by going to my profile. - ~~மணி~~

February 14, 2008

My Rendezvous with life


This was an adventure I got into inadvertently and today, am so glad I did.It was a long weekend for me. With an intention to persuade my folks to come on an unplanned holiday with me, I threatened them that I would go alone if they didn’t come. Surprise….surprise….surprise….they let me go alone.So I ended up in Pondy, one afternoon after a three hour lone journey in the bus from Chennai. After a late lunch, I started hunting for the hotel rooms, only to find out that the whole world was celebrating their long weekend in Pondy L. After a series of unsuccessful check ins, in a number of hotels in person and over phone, spent a couple of hours brooding over my predicament in the beach.After a small stroll and a little prayer, went in to check with the park guest house, despite the ‘House Full’ board outside and the watchman’s discouragement. The reception confirmed these statements and said there is no room available. Sad and dejected, I was walking back to the door; suddenly the guy in the reception called me back and asked me what the purpose of my visit was. I said ‘Holiday’. He stared at me for a second and said “I have a room at the back and it costs and Rs.100/day” (I thought I was dreaming!!!!)Checked in and was jumping out of joy. It was a Sunday, so went out to window shop in the Sunday Mal and a few hours in the beach and a few more in the moonlight in the guesthouse’s park overlooking the beach and what a bliss it was!!! Life just couldn’t have been better.The next day I with the aid of a map, which I could read very little, (John Gray was quite right about women not being able to read maps) and a hired vehicle which I was able to manage better. Visited the Ashram and the famous Ganesh temple early in the morning and had a good darshan. With some guidance and misguidance, my first stop was at chunnamar beach club. Here I got to spend an hour in the paradise island in the beach, playing in the water, sand, swing and taking photos. It was a nice boat ride and had become quite well versed in taking my own photos with my camera. I also spoke to strangers for a few long shots. (Women travelling alone… be cautious who you strike a conversation with… Let it be a woman, couple, family or worst a respectable elderly man.)Had lunch with a couple of friendly strangers. Back to room. And then to Auro beach in the evening. Spent some more time in the same set of activities. After handing over bike, went around to shop and for a walk in a park opposite to Raj Bhavan. Couldn’t go to Auroville as it was a government holiday and was closed. Tired and happy I went to bed early, listening to the beautiful rain outside.D day. Like all good things come to end, this was a day to pack up and leave. After a sumptuous breakfast in a beachside table in the guest house, packed up and left for a park for a photo session and then to Auroville to visit the matri mandir in an auto.Heading home after a heavy lunch and with a heavier but happier heart. What a holiday it had been?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice experience huh ? Threatening didn't worked so well to persuade folks to come along with you... which eventually lead to you having all this experience.
Room for Rs. 100/day ? Wow... that's a dirt cheap rate... looks like you're really blessed while traveling. Keep it up !:-)